Posted on February 24, 2023
• Two all-new PHEV & HEV powertrain options, a first for Sorento
• Estimated all-electric driving range of up to 51 kilometers on PHEV
• Sorento PHEV Price starting at $44,995 MSRP
• Sorento HEV to arrive in the fall, pricing to be announced
Kia Canada introduces the first-ever Sorento Hybrid and Plug-in Hybrid, the initial product offering out of seven all-new plug-in hybrid and battery electric vehicles under the brand’s Plan S strategy. Two more powertrain options offer Canadians the opportunity to be inspired to take their adventures to new heights utilizing eco-friendlier driving solutions. Kia announced the 4th generation Sorento just last year, which delivered on its promise to be stronger, lighter, roomier and more technologically advanced than previous generations. This ‘greener’ 3-row, SUV with unmatched cargo utility, all-wheel drive and exceptional fuel efficiency is a natural evolution of this longstanding nameplate in Canada.
The Sorento PHEV will officially debut at the Montreal Electric Vehicle show September 17 – 19 and at the Quebec City EV show October 1-3, 2021. Alongside Kia’s other EV models, the Soul EV and Niro EV, attendees will be among the first to see and test drive the brand- new Sorento PHEV. Kia representatives will also be available to provide information about how HEV, PHEVs and EVs can be conveniently integrated into everyday life and will be busting myths and common misconceptions about green vehicle ownership.
“We are thrilled to now offer an HEV/PHEV option of Kia’s best-known model, said Elias El-Achhab, VP & Chief Operating Officer at Kia Canada. “This milestone enhancement to the Sorento comes at the right time in Kia’s transition to providing more sustainable and ‘green’ transportation options, especially on a vehicle that Canadians trust.”
Dynamic Styling, Inside and Out
The exterior of the 2022 Sorento HEV/PHEV maintains its sharp, modern lines, accentuated with high-tech details – elevating the entire Sorento experience beyond a standard SUV.
• Kia’s modernized “tiger face,” with “eyeline” details and a wide and thin front grille extending into the headlight and hood structure
• The hood edge wraps around the body side and integrates into the rear shoulder line, enhancing length and width
• Standard LED headlamps and optional signature LED forward lighting includes daytime running lights. Headlamp and DRL modules are separated for a high-tech look
• Strong side character line emphasizes muscular and athletic profile
• Available split-vertical LED taillights
• Two new wheel designs in 17-inches (LX HEV) and 19-inches (EX HEV + all PHEV trims)
The interior continues the strong, solid and sophisticated modernity of the exterior. Following a credo of “Refined Boldness,” the interior designers instilled the cabin with unexpected materials to cast a striking effect and introduce two new interior colour options:
• Available navy blue leather (SX only)
• Available light grey leather (SX only)
• Unique to HEV/PHEV includes standard Shift by Wire and available ambient lighting
SEPTEMBER 22, 2021
Categories: September 2021